Last year, we launched this blog with a post about the Joys of Teaching! As we’ve looked back over our posts, it is still one of our favorites. We love teaching and cannot imagine our lives in different professions. Here’s our Top 10 List of what we love about teaching:
1) Driving into the school parking lot in the morning and being happy. Every time.
2) Conferencing with students. These one-on-one times are the ties that bond!
3) Getting so excited about tomorrow’s lesson that it’s hard to sleep at night. Yes, that still happens!
4) Birthday treats! Who doesn’t love a cupcake?
5) Sitting on the floor in the library with students, pouring over new books.
6) Writing celebrations where each student is proud to share.
7) The joy of snow days! Not just for kids!
8) Morning meetings. Hearing about weekend activities and family excursions helps me know my students better and helps them conquer the “I don’t know what to write about” dilemma.
9) Reading aloud. Love the funny voices. Love the books! Love the expressions on my students’ faces as they listen. Love, love, love everything about it!
10) The chorus of “See you tomorrow’s” at the end of the day that symbolize the continuation of our journey together.
Here’s to 2015 and all new LOVES!